1. That’s one of my favorite writers, Mark Twain, apparently stuffing a kitten in the corner pocket. (Or else the Photoshop Angel has paid a visit.) Having read a lot of Twain, I’m sure the kitty was unhurt.
2. Speaking of pool (and this pic is definitely not photoshopped), it’s not well-known that Martin Luther King Jr, when not preaching, speaking or marching, shot a good stick.
3. And now for something completely different. That’s ‘Jeopardy’ host Alex Trebek making an ass out of himself hosting a Canadian TV music show, back when dinosaurs ruled the Earth. I don’t know what he’s doing here, but I can live without hearing the music associated with it.
4. Who knows how Col. Sanders ended up in Alice Cooper’s dressing room (did he personally deliver the bucket of fried chicken himself?), but here ’tis. A loose rumor claims Cooper loved fried chicken and ate practically nothing else during one North American tour back when horse-drawn buggies hauled the amps. I can’t verify that rumor but, if true, the KFC-Cooper connection would then make some sense.
5. The Manson Family in happier times. I can’t identify all of them, but it looks like Lynette ‘Squeaky’ Fromme on the bottom left. Speaking of Squeaky, writer Paul Krassner has an interesting take on her here.
6. Speaking of creepy, who orders a ‘HARD4GOD’ vanity plate? Oh, I just noticed it’s North Carolina. Nevermind.
7. Let’s hope it’s not Shirley Hunsperger of Banner Realty.
8. There is a growing need for something like this, so it’s only a matter of time until it becomes a reality.
H/T to Cracked.com for a few of these images.