These exchanges make me glad I’m not part of the Twitterverse. The incredible thing is that none of the Tweety Birds in these threads attempted to correct the original mistake, instead risibly compounding the error. Excerpted from Buzzfeed’s “Top 10 Most Unforgivable Twitter Spelling Mistakes”:
1. Must be relatives of Mitt Romney:
2. Good idea — never take life for your Pet Rock:
3. Actually, a grade school-level review of the English language would do more good:
4. I didn’t check; are these the same ‘collage’-bound kids as above?
5. Perhaps this is why they never learned how to spel gud — too much time spent sniffing each other’s colons: